Call for Abstracts Portal CLOSED
The Conference Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for presentation at the International Public Works Conference to be held from Sunday 31 October – Thursday 4 November 2021 at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Contributed papers are an integral part of the success of the Conference and the Committee is seeking papers and presentations that are topical, relevant, stimulating and will expand thinking on a variety of issues within the conference theme: Public Works for a Global Future.
Please submit late abstracts directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenters can be assured that the Conference will proceed in November 2021 despite current ongoing uncertainties related to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The committee is preparing alternative virtual and combined formats should the conventional face-to-face format in Adelaide not be possible.
This is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences with your peers both locally and internationally and we encourage you to submit an abstract.
Click here to download First Announcement and Call for Papers.
If you are interested in submitting an abstract for consideration, please complete the following steps:
- Download and read the Author Instructions. Please print these instructions and have them nearby when you are ready to submit your abstract.
- Save the Abstract Template to your computer, and use this to prepare your abstract.
- Write your abstract using the Microsoft Word template, adhering to the formatting guidelines outlined in the Author Instructions. Save your abstract on your computer, in an easy to find location. Please note that abstract titles should be a maximum of 12 words, and abstract text should be a maximum of 300 words.
- Ensure you have a short biography (max 50 words) for yourself, and every co-author listed on the abstract.
- Click on the “Submit Abstract” button below, and follow the steps outlined in the Author Instructions.
Full Papers, Extended Abstract Required and Speaker Notes
Full Paper or an Extended Abstract
While full papers are preferred from those who are accepted to give an oral presentation, an extended abstract of about two pages will be accepted instead of a full paper. The deadline for full paper / extended submission is Wednesday 28 July 2021. When your full paper or extended abstract is complete, please email it to email@example.com in Word or PDF format.
Guidelines for Full Papers
The deadline for all presenters to register is Wednesday 18 August 2021.
Themes & Topics
The conference will cover a range of topics including but not limited to:
CONFERENCE THEMES / TOPICS
The Conference Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for presentation at the conference. The following is a guide only and abstracts are welcome on other topics that might be of interest.
- Innovative Urban Renewal
- Managing Environment and Climate Change
- Project Management and Delivery
- The Future
- Emergency Management
- Roads and Transport
- Asset Management
- Waste Management
- People and Culture
- Stormwater, Water and Wastewater
- Emerging Technologies
- Street Light and Smart Controls
- Plant & Vehicle Management
Abstract Submission Deadline: 23 November 2020
Presenter Notification: 24 February 2021
Full Paper or Extended Abstract Submission: 28 July 2021
Presenter Registration Deadline: 18 August 2021