Call for Abstracts
The Conference Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for presentation at the International Public Works Conference to be held from Sunday 25 – Thursday 29 August 2019 at the Grand Chancellor Hobart. Contributed papers are an integral part of the success of the Conference and the Committee is seeking papers and presentations that are topical, relevant, stimulating and will expand thinking on a variety of issues within the conference theme: Vibrant Futures, Solid Foundations.
The conference will include over 120 papers delivered over three days with five parallel streams plus at least four keynote plenary sessions.
With delegates from around the world expected to attend, this is an opportunity for Australasia to share some of our unique local projects and knowledge with the wider international public works community. This is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences with your peers both locally and internationally and we encourage you to submit an abstract.
THEMES / TOPICS
The Conference Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for presentation at the conference. The following is a guide only and abstracts are welcome on other topics that might be of interest.
Innovative Urban Renewal
- Urban Renewals
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Public Works Best Practice
Managing Environment and Climate Change
- Climate Change
- Coastal and Foreshore Works
- Environmental Management
- Sustainable Communities
- Managing Drought
Project Management and Delivery
- Procurement & Contracts
- Project Management
- Urban Design
- Demographic Trends
- Future Focus
- Smart Cities
- Technology & Innovation
- Future of Work
- Community Engagement
Roads and Transport
- Road Pavement Management & Technology
- Road Safety and Traffic Management
- Roads and Transport
- Rail, Ports & Airports
- Innovations in Road Maintenance
- Innovative Asset Management
- Levels of Service
- Project Prioritisation
- Maintenance Management
- Finance and Funding Issues
- Organisational Management
- Risk Management
- Public Works for the Future
- Solutions to Reduce Costs
People and Culture
- Attracting & Retaining Staff
- Workforce Development
- Employee Management
- Health and Safety
- Future of Work
Stormwater, Water and Wastewater
- Stormwater Management
- Water & Wastewater
- Developing young talent pool
- Attracting people to the industry
- Communications and mentoring
Full Papers or an Extended Abstract Required
Please note that abstract submission is only available online.
To submit an abstract please complete the following steps:
- Download and read the Author Instructions. Please print these instructions and have them nearby when you are ready to submit your abstract.
- Save the Abstract Template to your computer, and use this to prepare your abstract.
- Write your abstract using the Microsoft Word template, adhering to the formatting guidelines outlined in the Author Instructions. Save your abstract on your computer, in an easy to find location. Please note that abstract titles should be a maximum of 12 words, and abstract text should be a maximum of 300 words.
- Ensure you have a short biography (max 50 words) for yourself, and every co-author listed on the abstract.
- Click on the “Submit Abstract” button below, and follow the steps outlined in the Author Instructions.
If you experience any difficulties with the abstract submission process, or have any questions, please contact Amy McIntosh at East Coast Conferences by emailing email@example.com or by calling 02 6650 9800 or 0408 220 188.
Please note that abstracts need to be submitted by the main presenting author of the paper.
If accepted, all presenting authors will need to register and pay to attend the conference, at least for the day of the presentation. The deadline for presenters to register is 7 June 2019.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 12 November 2018
Presenter Notification: 27 February 2019
Full Paper or Extended Abstract Submission: 24 May 2019
Early Bird and Author Registration Deadline: 7 June 2019